Thanks to the continuous advancements in dentistry, new techniques, devices, and services are offered to make sure that patients can get the oral care they need and deserve. However, despite all these, millions continue to experience tooth loss due to injuries, cavities, or gum disease. Fortunately, there are now treatment options available to replace lost teeth, and among these are dental implants. Not too familiar with the said dental service? Below we share the importance and the benefits of dental implants:
What makes dental implants stand out is it does more than just replace lost teeth, it can also stimulate the function, feel, and look of natural teeth. Teeth restored with dental implants provide people with a renewed ability to chew food properly, speak clearly, and the confidence to smile. It even helps them preserve and strengthen their bone structure.
Tooth loss not only leave gaps in the jaw, over time, it also has adverse effects on a person’s appearance and health. For example, tooth roots help in keeping the gums and jawbone healthy. If these roots are lost, a patient can suffer from bone loss, which can jeopardize the adjacent structures—causing them to have a sunken look. The good news with dental implants is, it can help promote bone growth in the area after the implants, which helps strengthen the bone, build support, and even reverses the sunken look.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Implant posts are designed to fuse with the jawbone, which makes it a permanent part of the mouth.
- Compared to removable dentures that can slip and cause a person to mumble words, implant-restored teeth stay in place—allowing its wearer to speak without any worries.
- Since dental implants become a natural part of the mouth, patients can expect better comfort compared to wearing a removable prosthesis.
- Implant-supported teeth replacements can make patients feel better and more confident about themselves.
- Dental implants can last for many years due to their durability. With proper care and attention, implant restorations can even last a lifetime.
- Implant restored teeth can function just like real teeth, which allow patients to eat any food they want without any worries and pain.
- Unlike other dental restorations available, the installation of implant posts does not require the alteration of healthy structures. As a result, more of the natural teeth are preserved for better oral health in the long run.
Interested in getting Dental Implants in Boca Raton, FL? We at Aqua Dental Loft got you covered! Visit us at 7050 W. Palmetto Park Rd. #52, Boca Raton, FL 33433 to undergo an initial consultation and to get started.