Teeth whitening is one of the most sought-after cosmetic dentistry procedure by many since it can provide visible and immediate results in a short time. Due to its popularity, many brands and products have been developed including over the counter or DIYs, but dentists do not recommend its use. It can cause irritations on the gums or other soft tissues, and may even offer unbalanced whitening which can be unsightly.
Since several factors can cause teeth discolorations, this makes professional teeth whitening a great solution for the improvement of the teeth. Foods or beverages with intense colors, medications, and age are only some of the factors that can jeopardize a patient’s smile. Staining is possible since teeth can be porous, any substance that comes in contact with the teeth can be absorbed and cause unsightly buildups.
At Aqua Dental Loft, we offer Zoom Teeth whitening that works effectively due to its hydrogen peroxide content. When the active ingredient breaks down, it allows the oxygen to enter the enamel as well as the dentin to whiten any stained portion. A special chairside lamp is also used to accelerate the whitening process for faster and better result.
Tips for the Maintenance of White Teeth
- Maintain proper dental hygiene and care by brushing the teeth twice a day, flossing at least once, and mouth rinsing. It ensures the longevity and health of the teeth by removing any harmful particles left in the mouth after eating that can cause stains and even damage.
- Avoid excessive intake of foods and beverages with strong colors such as berries, coffee, soda, wine, and more. But since they are healthy for the body, taken by moderation followed by brushing or rinsing can help avoid any stains from accumulating on the teeth.
- Remember to include the tongue when cleaning to remove any remaining bacteria that can cause damage or discoloration on the teeth.
- Eat fruits and vegetables like apples, celery, and carrots since it can help promote saliva production in the mouth. Saliva acts as a natural rinse that removes food particles stuck on any part of the mouth to prevent it from breaking down and causing the accumulation of bacteria. The texture of these fruits and vegetables can also serve as a natural scrub that removes any harmful buildups on the teeth’s surface.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and cleanings preferably every six months for the dentist to keep track of the health and provide necessary treatments for its proper maintenance.
Teeth may be easily whitened, but it does not mean that taking any preventive measures for staining should not be performed. Brightened teeth still require the need for proper attention to make its effects long-lasting.
Give your smile a boost! Book an appointment with Aqua Dental Loft and check out our services under Teeth Whitening in Boca Raton. We are located at 7050 W. Palmetto Park Road, #52, Boca Raton, FL 33433.